Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Less Is More

Friday, March 11, 2011 

For whatever reason, today's Friday's post did not come together. I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to say and a pretty good idea of titles, but when I sat down at the computer -- nothing. And I didn't even feel like trying. Usually I have trouble with my outfit not coming together, but today Friday was the first time that my writing caused the snafu. 

shirt -- Outer Limits 
jeans -- The Limited
shoes -- Dansko 

You can't see it very well, but I like the "V" cut in the back of this shirt.
I think it's kind of sexy without being too risqué.


My outfit gave a nod (well, it was more than a nod -- it gave a full bow down) to casual Fridays at my office. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a black top, and I was pretty much ready to go. Then I thought that I could jazz it up by using this scarf as a belt:


and adding these necklaces that picked up the print in my scarf.

Completely on a whim, I pulled out this necklace, a gift from my Norwegian grandparents that commemorates the 150th anniversary of the signing of the Norwegian constitution.
Pretty cool, huh? I thought it gave a nice focal point to my outfit. 


At that point, I wish my inner editor had kicked in and stopped me.
But no, I kept going and added this pin. 


And it's a good thing that I had to leave the house at that point otherwise I probably would have piled on more necklaces, and more pins, and more rings -- more, more, more ...


It's way too busy, wouldn't you say?



I got to thinking about why I was having trouble writing the post -- after all, I had plenty of topics to write about. I was going to write about using the timer on my camera to take my own pictures. No, I was going to write about my divorce, and how I only wear gold on the rare occasion. No, I was going to write about black and gold. No, make that my love affair with silver and gold. No, I was going to write about writing. Aggggh! Can you see what happened? 

I think now that I didn't have a real focus for my post. I was all over the place, and everything look and sounded good -- just like how I kept adding pieces of jewelry.  

I needed an editor -- a sounding board -- to let me know that enough was enough, to let me know what did or didn't work, to let me know that sometimes less is more.

Wouldn't you agree?  


Black is black
I want my baby back
It's gray, it's gray
Since she went away, Ooh-Ooh
What can I do
'Cause I-I-I-I-I'm feelin' blue

If I had my way
She'd be back today
But she don't intend
To see me again, Ooh-Ooh
What can I do
'Cause I-I-I-I-I'm feelin' blue

I can't choose
It's too much to lose
My love's too strong
Wow! Maybe if she
would come back to me
Then it can't go wrong

Bad is bad
That I feel so sad
It's time, it's time
That I found peace of mind, Ooh-Ooh
What can I do
'Cause I-I-I-I-I'm feelin' blue

I can't choose
It's too much to lose
My love's too strong
Wow! Maybe if she
would come back to me
Then it can't go wrong

Black is black
I want my baby back
It's gray, it's gray
Since she went away, Ooh-Ooh
What can I do
'Cause I-I-I-I-I'm feelin' blue
'Cause I-I-I-I-I'm feelin' blue


3 comments:

  1. I don't think there is too much jewelry at all. BUT, the scarf is the touch of genius in this look. I can totally empathize with the writer's block. Often it comes from having too many ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Terri ... Did you see how I photoshopped (or Picasa'ed) the pin out in the last pic?) I really think that the pin put me over the top! I thought the scarf was a good idea too! I was proud of that :-). Thanks for noticing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, you're so cute - less is more sometimes, yes, but other times; more is more! I adore your Norwegian piece! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Honest opinions and constructive criticism are always welcome.

Popular Posts