Thursday, March 3, 2011

And Today a Zebra

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Yesterday I looked like an Easter egg, so today I thought I would tone it down a bit, and dress a little more conservatively in black and white. I'm not sure that I succeeded in toning "it" down all that well though -- I think the zebra stripes on my skirt jazzed up what would have been a conservative look had the dress been a plain black. Oh, but did I ever feel good in this outfit.



sweater -- Gap
camisole -- Vassarette (Kmart)
skirt -- Express (thrifted)
tights -- Leggs / shoes -- Steve Madden (DSW)

Here's a close-up of my shoes. I think they're very pretty, and they definitely don't look like witch shoes.


I don't know what's gotten into me lately when it comes to shoes. All of a sudden, I can't get enough shoes. I love shoes -- I adore shoes. I can't go into a shoe store or, for that matter, into any store that sells shoes because I can't resist buying a pair. And not just one pair -- I end up buying multiple pairs! And these impulses are not relegated to shoes only -- I've also been buying boots. Luckily, there's been some amazing sales! Do you think that I can get away with blaming this new footwear obsession on menopause? 

What surprises me though is that the guys -- I work with almost all guys -- seem to notice my shoes much more than my clothes (and I've been wearing what is considered to be kind of crazy, attention-getting outfits for my office). I even jokingly said that it was no surprise that I wasn't married, I had been concentrating on the wrong thing all these years. I always thought that the way to a guy's heart was through his stomach. Nobody told me that it was my shoes that would get a guy! I probably should have known though -- after all, that's how Prince Charming found Cinderella.

2 comments:

  1. I love these shoes. They look like a bootie, but wear like a clog!

    What kind of office do you work in? In my office (on a college campus), no one dares say anything outloud about another's attire.

    The skirt was a wonderful thrift find. The whole outfit is sharp looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri -- Thanks. I work in financial services -- so think of the corporate culture of a bank. I used to work at a university -- for 6 very long years. I would say that the people there (at the university) were more critical of what I wore than where I am now. I have always been the type of person, though, that people thought that they could tell me what was wrong with me, you know?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Honest opinions and constructive criticism are always welcome.

Popular Posts