Thursday, March 10, 2011

from Dots to Stripes

Wednesday, March 9, 2010


Why is it that on some nights, every picture you take ends up being a keeper and then on other nights, you can take picture after picture after picture and still not end up with one that you are all that happy with?  

Tonight was a good night -- we only took five pictures, and I liked each one. Last night was the dud night -- we must have taken over 30 pictures, and I didn't get one that made me go, "I like that!" and then do the high five and the happy dance at the end. 

The weird thing is that I thought I nailed my outfit yesterday -- I was so excited for my pictures because I really liked the way I looked. (Wow! Did I just give myself a compliment?) I put a lot of time and effort in picking it out and planning accessories and making sure that everything looked just so. I thought that time paid off in the way I looked. 

Today, I had errands to run before work, I was tired, and I basically just threw on a pair of pants and grabbed a shirt that I've been wanting to wear. It was straightforward -- there wasn't a whole lot of thought involved, and there really wasn't anything special about what I wore. 


Even the colors that I was wearing reflected the opposite of what I see in the pictures: Yesterday's colors were bright and cheerful and springy; whereas, today's colors were dark and wintry. 

And it wasn't just me who thought I was off yesterday, my daughter noticed it in my pictures -- she thought I looked tired, and my smile looks strained. But I was probably more tired tonight, so what gives?


Here's a close-up of my bracelet -- it's made out of safety pins.
How cool is that?! This was another piece of hand-made jewelry that I found while thrifting. 




shirt -- Jones New York (thrifted)
pants -- London Jean (Victoria's Secret)
shoes -- Dansko (outlet)
belt -- Nautica (thrifted)

1 comment:

  1. ooh, I like the bracelet. Actually, I like the striped top too, but I know exactly what you mean about some outfits and some picture-taking days. I find that when I have another person around my photos will be better as my expressions tend to be more natural.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Honest opinions and constructive criticism are always welcome.

Popular Posts