Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lady in Red

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

So yesterday I was the Lady in Blue, and today I'm the Lady in Red. Not sure about this outfit -- it was colorful, but safe. It just seems that I could have done something that really jazzed it up and made it memorable. Maybe I should have tried pairing it with a black cardigan and red tights? I may have to try it again just to see.

 cami -- 21
cardigan -- Delia*s
skirt -- Jones New York (thrifted)
shoes -- Thom McAn

My necklace was probably my favorite thing about today's outfit. I just liked how it looked -- it was the perfect length, and it picked up the red and the black in my skirt. It's funny -- it was definitely an impulse buy (JC Penney), and I was worried when I got it that it was impractical, and I wouldn't have anything to wear it with, but I think I've worn it a couple of times already, and I just really liked it. It's nothing really fancy, but yet, I just like it. I love it when I find things like that.




 

I was trying to figure what kind of pattern my skirt -- it's not a herringbone (a herringbone is an arrangement of rectangles), but it's some kind of periodic tiling. 

This is a herringbone

Don't you think that with this song leading the way, my outfit should have been unforgettable? (And yeah, I had the name of the song completely wrong yesterday ... )

The lady in red is dancing with me, cheek to cheek,
There's nobody here, it's just you and me,
It's where I want to be,
But I hardly know this beauty by my side,
I'll never forget the way you look tonight;

3 comments:

  1. Hi kari! Thanks for visiting my blog today! You should TOTALLY try out the shorts and tights look. I usually do that too, try a look out on a weekend and see how comfortable I am with it for a few hours out, before deciding if I'm going to incorporate it into my wardrobe.

    You have such great style! It's really classy, creative, fun and age appropriate without being stuffy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really digging todays outfit, and you're right, the jewelry adds just the right punch. Red tights might be a nice twist as well. The print on the skirt looks a bit like an M.C. Escher print...

    I'm adding you to my blogroll, cause 40+ gals need to hang together:)

    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kimmie -- aww, you're sweet. Thank you!

    @Doreen -- you're right! It does look like an MC Escher print. Thanks for adding me -- we (at least I) definitely need the support! Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Honest opinions and constructive criticism are always welcome.

Popular Posts