Thursday, January 5, 2012

Forgetting My Jacket or Not

I'm ba-a-a-a-ck, and it's not because I forgot my jacket.

"... As you can see, I’ve returned, and it’s not because I forgot my jacket. ... The real reason I’m back is ..."

LOL. 

And see, I really didn't forget my jacket.

jacket — Old Navy (thrifted)
dress — Dressing Clio (thrifted)
shoes — Bare Traps (DSW)

I look all flustered here because I can't get past his striking brown eyes. LOL! Anyway ... I actually wore my Blowfish booties with this dress on the day I wore it ... I got the Bare Trap shoes early in the fall, but they still look so pretty in the box that I've been afraid to wear them. (Yeah. I'm weird. I admit it. I have to save something for a few years before I have the courage to actually use it.)

 shirt — Rayna Morgan (can't remember)
shoes — Blowfish (DSW)

The dress was sleeveless, so my old faithful, older-than-dirt top was pulled into rotation once again. This shirt is probably my most used item in my entire closet. I've had it for more years than I care to remember, and I'm dreading the day when it finally bites the dust. It's comfortable and very thin, so I can wear it under anything scratchy sweaters, sleeveless dresses, low-cut tops, you name it ... I've been looking for a replacement for the past few years, and I still haven't found one that is half as good.

So ... why am I back, and why was I gone? I'm back because the holidays are over ... whew! I bet you would never guess that I don't remain my normal calm, cool, and collected self during the holidays. (hahaha ... The three Cs calm, cool, and collected are rarely, if ever, used to describe me. Honestly? Sometimes it's just hard for me to keep my proverbial sh*t together.)


Even in the best of years, the holidays tend to wreak havoc on my day-to-day stress levels. I never have enough time to do half the things that I had set out to do or wanted to do and then before I know it I am running around trying to do a hundred things in the last 24 hours and then poof! It's over, seemingly in a matter of seconds! Breathe Kari, breathe ... And then ... this year ... it probably goes without saying that my job and my commute (and especially my job) sent my stress soaring to new heights!

Hope everybody had a happy and stress-free holiday season.

A thrifted dress and a thrifted jacket, so I'm linking up to Spunky Chateau and her Thursdays Are for Thrifters link party. 

10 comments:

  1. Glad to have you back...you look great and stress-free!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam. I look stress free because the picture was taken in early November :-). I need to catch up on reading my blogs too (I would go to my reader and see 1000+ and it just got to be too overwhelming!) ... aggh. I don't know how you all do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that your holidays were stressful. I hope things are starting to calm down now! Your dress is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, it's great to see you again, friend! I love *both* pairs of booties, and you look very cool and collected : >

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kari, glad you are back.
    Thank you for sharing that fine, handsome man with us. Doesn't he have the most beautiful voice(among other things.)
    I like the addition of the jacket to the dress, but then I AM partial to jackets. 8-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, I hope things are going well for you at the job though you do have quite a commute. I've missed your sense of humor. I know what you mean about beloved tops. And I also know what you mean about "saving" things...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Ms Kari, It is good to see you back! Toastmasters, oh my goodnes... I freak out about public speaking as well. I joined Toastmasters last year to be able to practice speaking in public with a supportive audience. It's pretty wonderful if I say so myself. There are chapters all over, they're global. On the site you can just put in your zip code and find a club near you. You can stop in at a meeting to check it out. http://reports.toastmasters.org/findaclub/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the holidays stress just about everybody out! You look great though and I hope you're having a good new year! Thanks for linking up with Thursdays are for Thrifters!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean about the holidays. I wore an iPod when I had to go grocery shopping, just to avoid the endless Christmas music. I burst out in tears on Christmas Eve. And I woke up on January 2 thinking, "Thank heavens it's all over." I was at the dentist on January 3, and she happened to mention how many emergency patients they'd had come in with cracked teeth. I wondered at why so many people had cracked their teeth in such a short time, and she said it was the holidays--the stress level makes people grind their teeth much more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohgosh, I desperately need some thin tops. I have dozens of things that need a layering shirt to be comfortable/modest/winter appropriate, but I hate layering with thick fabrics. I just haven't had the guts to purchase tissue tees when there are cool things to buy. Buying basics sucks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Honest opinions and constructive criticism are always welcome.

Popular Posts