Tuesday, February 22, 2011

So Done

Monday, February 22, 2011

It's the end of February, and I know that it's still technically winter. But the last thing I wanted to see this morning when I woke up and looked out the window was snow. GRRR. I am done with winter -- done with the freezing cold, done with shoveling snow, done with even seeing snow. I'm ready for spring already -- so ready. 

And so in the spirit of today's snowy weather, I offer you a selection of footwear choices. First up are my beautiful rain boots that I got on my last trip to Norway. You might not think that these are all that beautiful, and that they were a really strange thing to bring back from Europe, but I love, love, love these boots. 


My dad had a pair just like them when I was growing up, which is why I made my cousin drag me to every store in Norway until we found a pair for me. I still remember my dad wearing his boots to shovel snow in Lake Hopatcong. When my parents moved to Florida, he figured he wouldn't need them anymore, and so they became mine. I still have them, even though they are probably four sizes too big and have a big gash in them, so they are no longer waterproof. I can't bear to part with them though. 

Next up, are my dress shoes or clogs. I went through a clog-wearing phase, when probably almost every pair of shoes that I would wear were a pair of clogs. In some respects, I'm still in that phase, and I probably always will be. I still own and wear a lot of clogs.


Last, but certainly not least, are my Crocs -- my pseudo clogs and almost rain boots. I read somewhere on a post that the best way to look frumpy was by wearing Crocs. Well, I beg to differ with that person. In fact, I think my Crocs, in the neon green, are kind of cute, and they certainly are attention getting, and in a good way. I like my Crocs, and I don't think that anybody is going to tell me that I look frumpy. I even have two pairs -- an all-purpose pair in black, and these pair. They are really comfortable, and you can't beat these for running outside in the rain or through wet grass, or after the grass has been cut.


pants -- London Jean (Victoria's Secret)
sweater -- Talbot's (thrifted)
belt -- Fossil (thrifted)


2 comments:

  1. OOPS! You're right! Well, technically, they're not crocs -- they are a crocs knockoff (LLBean).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Honest opinions and constructive criticism are always welcome.

Popular Posts