Monday, February 7, 2011

Indecision

Monday, February 7, 2011




 shirt --Pointelle (thrifted)
skirt -- AK Anne Klein
boots --

Today was one of those days where I couldn't make a decision on what to wear. I knew that I wanted to wear this top to work today, but that was about the only thing that I did know. I didn't know if I wanted to wear a skirt or pants -- I finally decided on a skirt. But that it was which black skirt did I want to wear with it? Then it was, did I want to wear boots or shoes or ankle boots?* And then I had to decide on what jewelry I was going to wear.

I wanted to wear the shirt because I have been wanting to wear clothes that are a bit more colorful. In the end, I should have just scrapped the top and worn something else entirely, because I ended up being uncomfortable the entire day. I'm not sure how I feel about the top -- I really liked it when I got it, but I can't help thinking that it's what I would call an "old lady" shirt -- something that my grandma would have worn. But hey, I'm getting to be the age of my grandma, so maybe that shouldn't be so surprising that I gravitated toward the top in the store. You know what they say, "If the shoe fits, wear it." In my case though, it's if the shirt fits, and is colorful, wear it.

The top was viscose -- I never even heard of that type of material before. Answers.com describes viscose as a type of rayon, which is similar to cotton and silk. It's a man-made fiber made from purified cellulose, somewhere in between a natural fibers, like cotton, wool and silk, and artificial ones that are synthesised out of petrochemicals like nylon and polyester. Hmm. That's kind of interesting.The fabric did have a different feel to it.

Anyway, I did get several compliments on how I looked today -- I think everybody is tired of the cold and gray, overcast days and were happy to see somebody wearing something with a little color in it. 

*I actually brought an extra skirt and an extra pair of shoes to work today. What did I think I was going to do? Change clothes once I got to work?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Honest opinions and constructive criticism are always welcome.

Popular Posts