Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lady in Blue

Monday, March 21, 2011

Did you ever have a weekend where you had planned to get a lot done -- had lists of things to do, and then instead of doing any of it, you crashed and burned and didn't get anything done? That was my weekend. I ended up hiding away, and spending Sunday in my room. On the plus side, I got a lot of sleep, and I needed it. 

I was still feeling very blue today, so I thought a blue sweater was apropo.

sweater -- Lark Lane (thrifted)
shirt -- Red Tab by Levi's
pants -- Liz Claiborne
shoes -- Steve Madden (DSW)

Not sure how I feel about this outfit (the sweater, to be exact). The blue was a good color for me, but ruffles aren't really me. I actually thought that the sweater would have lifted my spirits a little, but it just wasn't meant to be. It just wasn't a good day. I don't think that I would have been happy with anything.

I'm also wondering if this outfit qualifies as "color blocking," or should I have had different bright colored pants? Have I been color blocking all these years and just never knew it? Or do I still not really understand what color blocking is?


I didn't realize until I got home from work and was getting changed for bed that I had my necklace on backwards. It was a gift from my mom.


I tried to find the lyrics to the song -- the one that goes, "lady in blue, I'm dancing with you, cheek to cheek ... " but I wasn't getting anywhere. And since I now have a lot of work to do to make up for not getting anything done this weekend, I will have to skip that until I have more time. I am not very good when it comes to remembering the names of songs and the lyrics, so I could have it completely a** backwards. 

Hope everybody had a better Monday than me. 

(I did a pretty good job of faking it for my picture though, don't you think?)

4 comments:

  1. i like the ruffles! and if you dont like the sweater - i will take it :)
    i did pick it up at the goodwill before you did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we need weekends like this. I know that in my work with students that by the weekend, I'm often pretty anti-social. I think you ARE color-blocking and I, for one, like the sweater. I would have thought it was a jacket...the color suits you and that necklace is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weekends are for relaxing and recharging, who says we have to be superwoman all the time?! I like the sweater its soft without being too frilly.

    I hope Tuesday was kind to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Terri -- Thanks. I don't work with too many people, and I spend a lot of time (too much time, I think) on my own. But I dunno ... it was what it was ...

    @northeastchic -- thanks for stopping by! And isn't that the truth about not having to be superwoman all the time? Why is it that we feel like we are failing, when we're just being human?! Or maybe I should change that we to an I?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Honest opinions and constructive criticism are always welcome.

Popular Posts