Thursday, February 24, 2011

Paid Off.

Thursday, February 23, 2011

Why did it take me so long to realize that I could wear a summer dress in the dead of winter, simply by throwing a shirt over it? I think that reading style and fashion blogs is starting to pay off. 
At least in terms of styling my clothes in ways that they really weren't meant to be worn. Today's outfit was a case in point. 

I've had this dress in my closet for a long time, but I've never worn it -- I actually don't even know where or how I got it. It's a summer dress and strapless, and I never knew how to wear it. I take that back -- I knew *how* to wear it, but I didn't know where to wear it. And even if I did know how to wear it,  I have never felt all that comfortable in a strapless dress -- always worried about it falling down.* 

Any time that I went through my closet in an effort to pare down my clothes, I would pull this out as something that I should get rid of. But at the end of the day, I would always put it back. I liked the print, and after all, it did fit me.

Once I realized that I could pair this dress with a sweater or top, it got pulled out of the closet and actually worn and not just tried on. Now my question is, "Why did it take me so long to realize that?!"


*It still fell down, but at least I had something covering me when it did. I spent most of the day hoisting it up again.





shirt -- no tag (thrifted)
dress -- Funky People
tights -- xhilaration (Target)
boots -- Classique (thrifted)

2 comments:

  1. I love the many colors in this dress. You've got yourself a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Terri! I think that the colors in the dress was one reason that I could never get rid of it even though I never wore it! I liked the design of it too. I'm not that sure about the lace edging though. And thanks for following -- that is so exciting. You made my day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Honest opinions and constructive criticism are always welcome.

Popular Posts