Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dislike!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011



sweater -- Erika & Co. (thrifted)
tank -- Flying Colors (Kmart)
pants -- Fashion Bug Stretch 
clogs -- Dansko


I had been looking forward to wearing this sweater jacket since I got it. I was originally going to wear it with a skirt, and I was going to pair it with a red tank and red stockings, but then I had to run a bunch of errands before work, and honestly, I just didn't feel like wearing tights or stockings again today. I still wanted to wear it though -- so I thought it would look fine with a pair of brown pants.

Unfortunately, it didn't. The outfit was a big fail. The sweater jacket was big and baggy -- no shape whatsoever. It was probably at least a size too big for me, if not two sizes too big. My pants were baggy around my hips -- not that I wanted to have my pants be skin tight, but coupled with this jacket -- together, well they just did nothing for me.

And then my hair. What on earth happened to my hair (you can see what I'm talking about in the picture below -- that horn that I have on the side of my head)? This was just a bad, bad day for me. Very disappointing, but then that is one of the reasons why I am trying to take my picture every day. I am trying hard to assess my appearance -- be objective about it -- figure out what looks good on me and what kind of an impression I'm making on the people around me.

Here is another picture of me wearing the same pants a few months ago.



One up note -- I did like my necklace. The necklace is a piece of fused glass that my mom had made several years ago. I thought it really picked up the orange in my tank really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Honest opinions and constructive criticism are always welcome.

Popular Posts