Monday, November 18, 2013

Look!

Up in the sky! It's a bird. It's a plane. No. Not Superman.

 sweater — Old Navy (Old Navy)
dress — Rag (thrifted)
shoes — Dansko (Dansko Factory Outlet)

Just Kari, trying to find a way back to her blog. I've missed it, but life has been just crazy hectic lately and something had to give.

But I still make so many mistakes in my outfits, or fit outs, as one ELI* student thought the saying was. I used to board international students in my home a wonderful experience, if you don't mind having strangers (that you may or may not get along with) sharing your living space for two months or more.

* ELI - English Language Institute

Take this outfit, for example. I was pretty happy with it when I left for work, and I got a fair number of compliments. But now, looking at the pictures, it seems like the proportions are off. What say all y'all (if there are any all y'all left reading this I had all of one view today, and frankly, I was surprised at that one)? Maybe it's time to retire skirts that fall above the knee?


Back to the blog. What to do? I can't post unless I have something to say. But having something to say, and then saying it well, takes so much time. Time that I haven't been able to find much of lately. But then I think that the main reason I started blogging was to give me more confidence in what I wear and how I felt about myself so maybe I should just post pictures. But then I think some more, and I end up thinking it's kind of weird to just post pictures of myself.


 Agggh. What to do? What to do?

I'm going to link up to Patty at Not Dead Yet Style for Visible Monday, because I'm a bit more visible today  and because maybe all the great ladies over there can help me out with this age-old quandary.



8 comments:

  1. Hello!!! So happy to see you back. I understand life getting in the way; I've had to cut way back both on posting and visiting other blogs. But, enough about me, let's get to you. I like this outfit. I love the sweater and don't see a problem with the length of the skirt at all. I'd wear those two pieces together and not give it a second thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kari! I like this look, too, and I don't think the skirt is too short at all. It is hard to fit blogging into the rest of a busy life, isn't it? Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, it's good to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your outfit as well and do keep wearing whatever skirts you want. I don't think the problem with shorter skirts is age, but body type, and you certainly can pull it off.
    I love ypur 1st picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kari, I love the outfit! Cute, casual, age appropriate, but youthful. I like you much better in these softer colors than black. I am learning that the colors that suit me, make me look younger without even trying. Proportions are great! I see a pretty lady, who doesn't take herself too seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too, happy to see you posting. I see why you got compliments ... I'm liking the chocolately brown, and the texture variety. Don't think it's because it's short ...you have the legs! Perhaps you need dark, opaque tights and knee high boots, maybe. Your shoes are cute, but don't do a lot for this outfit as is. Or... (and keeping the shoes) maybe leggings, jeggings or skinnies? That would treat the dress as tunic.
    I'm really liking the layers on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your outfit is amazing and you looks decent in it. Especially I love that Old Navy Sweater. Thanks for sharing such a great post.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Skirt above the knee looks just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Skirt above the knee looks just fine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Honest opinions and constructive criticism are always welcome.

Popular Posts