Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Heavy Heart

Bombings and shootings are starting to seem all too commonplace — and it's not just that, it's the way these horrific events are touching each and every one of our lives. I don't know. I just don't know. It's just overwhelming. I wore an old racing T-shirt to work today, and when I got home, I went out and ran 2 miles. It wasn't much, but it helped me deal with the sadness a little bit better.

a college campus, 
a meet and greet your representative,  
a movie theater,
a church,
a grammar school, 
and now the finish line of a road race. 

I wore an old racing T-shirt to work today, and when I got home, I went out and ran 2 miles. It wasn't much, but it helped me deal with the sadness a little bit better.



My daughter also ran today, and her words hit home for me, "Today I ran 3.25 miles. I ran because I could. I ran for those that couldn't. I ran for all of those killed and injured yesterday in Boston. I ran for all of those runners who worked so hard to get to Boston and did not get the chance to finish."

Image by Aaron Bouvier Design https://www.facebook.com/aaronbouvierdesign

Love and prayers go out to all who have been affected by these horrific and senseless acts of violence everywhere.

3 comments:

Thanks for reading. Honest opinions and constructive criticism are always welcome.

Popular Posts